Re: Oil testing note

To: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Oil testing note
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:15:30 -0800
Ed,
The 15,000 mile stuff is the old M-1 with a revised additive package.
It is my understanding that they have increased the amount of
phosphorus and zinc EP additives. It also does NOT have the
friction modifier that makes wet M.C. clutches slip. I'll send
Blackstone a sample and post the report when I can.

OBTW - the 7500 oil is 100% dino the 10,000 is 50/50.

The biggest problem bike oil has is shear down. M-1 is much
better than dino but it's still not cost effective.

I'll ask Blackstone about running M-1 over 300 crankcase degrees.
I may be just fine on a big, low RPM (<10,000), N/A motor.
I've read that it is happy up to 375. Unfortunately it's hard to stick
a temperature sender in the rod bearing unless you're building
F1 motors.

Have fun,
Bryan