Re: Stories

To: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@yahoo.com>, "John Beckett"
Subject: Re: Stories
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:02:27 -0600
My dad was born in 1891 in North Carolina. He lied about his age at 15 to
join the Navy. He was a big kid. He was in WW l & WW ll. A total of 40
years. There was a period between the two wars where he returned to Civilian
life and work for the Union oil co. and worked on the construction of Parker
Dam. He was recalled for WW ll. He served on several battle ships including
the Nevada and the Texas.
He collected post cards from all over the world which I still have.

My brother has most of his history. He is also completing the family tree.
Lots of photos and things he brought back for his tours. Yeah we are lucky
to have the memories and a lot on disks.

My brother has finished his bio and I am working on mine. Lots of forgotten
things come back when doing one. Don't put it off, as it's important to the
kids and their kids as well.
Glen