Degreaser

To: "'Dave Dahlgren'" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: Degreaser
From: "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 22:09:43 -0800
Dave, good memory and your comments helped my recall. You are correct about
the non-rinsing or neutralizing issue. As I recall part of the problem was
the solution wicked into or around rivets. These are always stress areas and
cracking could develop. Rinsing or dilution evidently didn't work, or
couldn't be counted on to neutralize correctly. What airplane doesn't have a
ton of rivets on it. The Air Force and general aviation thought it best to
look for other alternatives. Good info on Zep...Thanks,  -Elon