RE: Degreaser

To: "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>, "'Dave Dahlgren'"
Subject: RE: Degreaser
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 01:25:20 -0500
Well i guess i will be safe then as I own nothing with rivets..I suspect
that what the real issue is all about is they could not verify if it was
done or not. You can't see under the rivet. If i was gooing to clean an
airframe i doubt if I would pick simple green anyway. It is way too labor
intensive. The Zep is pretty good stuff but has to be neutralized as well.
It will take off crud that either simple grren or mineral spirits just sits
on top of. Think old dried oil on older machinery that is hard and waxy.
Spray on the Zep count to ten and you are looking at the original paint. If
the paint is poor it might come off or orange peel and wipe off as well.
This is not for washing a new car LOL..
Dave