Re: Mechanics Gloves

To: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Mechanics Gloves
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 10:42:35 -0500
Tom, I use regular ol' "doctor's gloves" -- latex examination gloves.
Not for heavy duty stuff, but where I want to keep my hands clean.
They sure make cleanup after an oil change easy, for instance - it sure
is nice to finish the oil change and not have black stuff under the
fingernails.  Also - I keep some in the truck/car for when I'm driving
down the road and want to eat something and want clean hands for doing
it -- or for when I want to eat a jelly bismark and don't want to have
to lick my fingers clean or else I'll get sticky sugar and goo all over
the steering wheel.

Nitrile gloves aren't a stretchy as latex, and the latex won't last
very long when working with fuels, for instance, so wear the nitrile
ones then - and put up with the hassle of putting them on.

These kinda gloves have no real amount of protection from abrasion or
from impact -- you'll need real work gloves for that.

Jon