Re: OT weather-winter

To: "Joe Lance" <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: OT weather-winter
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:14:53 -0500
On Monday, December 12, 2005, at 03:40  PM, Joe Lance wrote:

> Doug;
>
> 49?    That's sissy stuff!!  Down to 13F here in western PA tonight.
> It's so
> cold I saw a Lawyer with his hands in his own pockets,
>
> Lance

Last night I celebrated by putting a new battery ("NeverStart" brand)
in my plow truck -- and then spending 45 minutes going back and forth,
back and forth, moving snow around in the driveway to the house and the
road to the barn and out on the street.  They still hadn't plowed the
road when I left the house this morning.  Season snowfall total is
about 4 1/2 feet.  Only another 10-15 feet and it'll be May and spring!

It was about a dozen degrees or so outside as I plowed.  Being that
warm I plowed with the window open and didn't have the heater fan on.
No gloves, either.

Then later on I remembered that I needed something that was out in the
barn, so I put a flannel shirt-jacket on and wore my slippers (yes, you
preverts, I had on other clothes too!)  as I strolled the two hundred
yards or so to the barn and back.

But that said -- when the temps soar into the 80's -- dang, I'm pretty
much done for.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan