200mph club question?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: 200mph club question?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 05:22:17 -0500
This isn't for the Bville 2 club alone... but more as a general question...

Can any of you think of a way of recognizing the folks behind a 200mph
effort...

The 200mph club is traditionally an honor reserved for the driver... but
without the support of the folks behind it... very few of us would ever have
the hats...  How could we word something or recognize the efforts of the crew
and car owners if they happen to be different?

I think we talked about keeping score of this before... but this is more about
the phraseology associated with a certificate recognizing efforts outside of
the driver.

The reason I'm asking is that we had an owner this weekend that was
disappointed that there wasn't something... the fella wasn't a jerk or
anything like that... he was just surprised that the effort wasn't
recognized... The guy was really nice about it... and had a good point...

What are your guys thoughts on it?

Thanks
Keith