RE: 200mph club question?

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 200mph club question?
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:10:46 -0700
The reason I'm asking is that we had an owner this weekend that was
disappointed that there wasn't something... the fella wasn't a jerk or
anything like that... he was just surprised that the effort wasn't
recognized... The guy was really nice about it... and had a good point...

Keith,

Having been in the driver's seat on a 200MPH Club average that gave me a red
hat and also the one that provided car the most of the money and most of the
effort for six others, I am having trouble wrapping my mind around this
issue. I can honestly say that I have received as much pleasure helping
others achieve their dream as getting the hat myself. The owner of the entry
receives the record, the trophy, the timing tag and, hopefully great
satisfaction for the effort. How could anyone want more?

Consider this...many have worked for years as hard or harder than those that
achieve their goal and have not received anything tangible for their
efforts. Just my take on the subject.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC