Re: Help break the SCTA myth

To: <Askotto@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help break the SCTA myth
From: "Ellen Wilkinson" <gary_ellen@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 18:00:33 -0600
  Straighten me out guys.

  Otto

   Otto this is a fun sport populated by nice people. I started going to the
salt flats in the late 70's. I live in SLC and am active in the USFRA. I don't
have a car, I have helped build and crew a couple. Attitude is for lesser
venues.  You may have some wrong impressions.
  You responded to a 200mph club question, 2club membership is hard won, if
you are not a member of a particular 200 mph club you have no say in that
club's operation. When you get in a 200 mph club you will understand.  Some
long time LSR participants will be less patient of question/demands by newer
participants.  All the SCTA officials and workers I know have put years of
unpaid work into keeping this sport going. Get involved, join a club, show up
to work parties, get to know people. Working for free dawn til dark days on
end is fun, trust me Huck.  Snipeing from the sidelines will get you treated
like an ill trained puppy. If I can help you email me off list

  Gary W

  Gary & Ellen Wilkinson
  Utah Salt Flats Racing Association
  World of Speed Sept. 13 - 16, 2006