Re: Help break the SCTA myth

To: kturk@ala.net
Subject: Re: Help break the SCTA myth
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 20:01:14 EDT
Hi Keith

OH NO!!!! That means you're,,,,, one of "them"......

LOL

On the internal splice rule deal, I asked if sleeves were required even
though it wasn't in the book. I didn't want to get to Bonneville and be sent
home
to massacre my frame to add them. I never got an answer. Someone told me to
send in the deal you mentioned but I didn't want it added to the books.
Besides  it's impossible to install a internal sleeve in anything but a
straight
butt joint which is normal building practice. NHRA requires it. I'm doing the
exterior splice and gussets like my engineers recommended. I need to call Joe
again. Stupid me called during Maxton! Duhhhhh.

I'm going to make a bold assumption, shut the f#$% up and quit making
waves!!!!

No problem! I'll "blend in". By the way, if someone doesn't hold a SCTA
record, are we still allowed to respond in the forum? LOL And I promised not to

make waves. DD and I kissed and made up. I can get along with "anybody".

As far as someone who hasn't read the rule book, I can quote you every rule
in it as I read and reread it numerous times during the construction of my
car. I meticulously went over every detail, line by line. Go ahead, quiz me!
LOL
 I have been building drag cars for years according to the NHRA rules which
are  much stricter than the SCTA. It's not hard to follow the rules. They are
there  for the safety for all involved and I'm a very strong advocate for the
rule  book. That's why I asked the question in the first place. Besides, it's
my sweet  ass hanging out there the most!!! When the SCTA inspector came by to
look at my  car, he was very impressed with it's construction and it's
adherence to the  rules. He made 4, "for sure" and 2 "could do" recommendations
and
I've already  done all 6. I'm easy!

I know the first impression most guys got of me was the article on me going
196 at Texas in a new car. I'm pegged and condemned as some raving, death
wishing maniac who has an attitude. Gee, it's amazing how well they hit it! LOL

Kidding. I'm a mellow good ol boy who likes to poke fun at life because life's
 too damn short. Especially at my age!!! In fact, I'm so old my first pet
was a dinosaur!!!

Talk to you soon.
Thanks.

Otto