Re: Help break the SCTA myth

To: Askotto@aol.com
Subject: Re: Help break the SCTA myth
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 18:01:57 -0700 (PDT)
Askotto@aol.com wrote:.. .. I'm going to make a bold assumption, shut the f#$%
up and quit making waves!!!!

  Otto,  That's not even necessary.  When I was building my first car, I
emailed John Beckett, Joe Timney, Tom Bryant, Wes Potter, and several others a
total of over seven hundred emails off line  - - all the time I was active on
the list too!  I know it was over seven hundred because I printed every single
question and answer and put them in a big ring binder.  Never once was one of
those guys snippy or failed to answer.  They helped me build my first car -
-and without their help, I never would have done it.

  Even now, you will spot a little question that I post here and there.  I'm
building another car, and when I get the same answer from two or three of the
people that I have on my "High Respect List", I print it, and do it the way
they suggest.  You'll never go wrong interacting with this group of guys.

  Yeah, sometimes they get off subject a little, sometimes they get political
and philosophical, and sometimes they respond with what seems like a snappy
answer.  But, trust me, when the chips are down and you really have to find out
how to do something, somebody will always come through.  If your question leads
to some kind of jabbing back and forth, take a deep breath, rephrase it so they
know that you really gotta know how to do this, and I'm sure you'll get some
help.

  Dick J
  In East Texas

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries for just 2"/min
with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.