Re: Help break the SCTA myth

To: speedtimer@charter.net
Subject: Re: Help break the SCTA myth
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 22:08:35 EDT
Hi Glen

I think the article on Ankle Biter needs some "redefining" as it's what
originally got me in trouble. I write a column for a local racing  newspaper.
That's what it was written for. All the locals know me from a live  Public
Access
TV show, ala Wayne's World except about cars. I have a  "reputation" as a bad
ass to uphold. Some of the hair raising, devil may car  attitude was, how do I
say, "embellished". I was only "estimating" the speeds  when I left the track
at "170". It could have been 100 or less. I also have to  admit, I only went
air born once, not twice.

Truth is, I actually did take the first run easy but couldn't let the  locals
back in Albuquerque know I was being wimpy. I never kept my foot in  it. The
car just effortlessly ran 171, in second. Ok, I missed on the  gear a
little....

Between runs, which were a day apart, I spent the entire time redesigning  my
parachute releases, tried to correct my dry sump oil tank overflow
problem(over filled). It caused my very minor, could have blown them out  with
a good
fart, fires. The car wasn't ablaze like it may have come  across. It seems
people got the idea I didn't even touch the car and went  out balls to the
walls
again. Not the case.

Gee Glen, I didn't think I was bragging and it's not my style. I was  pleased
( here comes the bragging!!! ) the creation I designed myself,  built with my
own hands and drove did set a record and was the fastest car  there. Wouldn't
you be proud of that??? Wouldn't anybody? I guess I shouldn't  have mentioned
it.

Anyway, I met Jon from landracing.com in Texas and got to  e-mailing him. He
helped me with my chute problem. He was interested in the car  and asked if I
had any write ups he could post on his web site and I  thought, "why not". Of
course, the rest is history and now I have 3 pages  of people yelling at me on
the web and people hating  me without ever  meeting me.

I have an uphill battle to gain a speck of respect from the LSR community
but if they hang with me, it will come. Maybe I should change my name....  LOL

I'm looking forward to meeting the smiley face at the line. You're in all
the DVD's I got from Mark.

Thanks for hanging with me.

Otto