Re: Blower ratio

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blower ratio
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 17:13:46 EDT
I'm a drag guy, I think the whole turbo ban in the NHRA pro class' is all
about fan appeal. Can you imagine what a top fuel rail would look like with 8
turbos, intercoolers, piping etc. Also where would the chest pounding sound of
a  top fueler be? It would sound like eight rice burners at once. Gives me
chills thinking about.

I remember a guy "entered" a turbo Buick V6 in Pro Stock and blew everybody
away. He never got the rules changed to allow turbo's regardless of the
decreased cubes.

I still think it's about the sound and looks in Pro Class' that keeps the
NHRA from allowing them in those class'. They don't have a "turbo ban" across
the board for all class', so they must "like" them.

Odd Tow