Re: Blower ratio

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Blower ratio
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:21:16 -0700
OK, I'm bored, its Sunday and there is no racing on TV and the grandkids
are outside looking for Easter eggs. Now I have no dog in this fight.
I'm a guy that for over 40 years has only raced NA Holley carburetor
motors. This year they are taking me kicking and screaming into the EFI
world. Hood clearance being the reason. My thinking on blowers is that
if you have a motor that nets 600HP by making 800HP and it takes 200HP
to run the blower. The motor is working  hard to make 800 to only get
600. If your parts will live at 600 and not at 800 then the crank and
the rest of the motor is over stressed. OK jump in and tell me where I'm
not seeing the light.   Doug Odom in big ditch