Re: NON-LSR OIL & GASOLINE INFO

To: "Tom Neimeyer" <Tneimeyer@houston.rr.com>
Subject: Re: NON-LSR OIL & GASOLINE INFO
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 21:00:46 -0700
I agree with Tom and Bob.   It's my understanding that the bulk of energy
company profits this year is from the high price they are selling their
crude for.  Crude oil they've found and owned in most cases longer than most
of us have owned our homes.  Yes, the government  has given them things like
depletion credits.  Well we get to deduct mortgage interest from our taxes.
So should the government investigate and crack down on people that make
"obscene" profits on the sale of their homes?  Or that deuce roadster you
bought 30 years ago for $500?
Ed Weldon