Re: NON-LSR OIL & GASOLINE INFO

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Subject: Re: NON-LSR OIL & GASOLINE INFO
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:55:25 -0700
According to inflation data, the average rate between 1964 and 2005, was
4.660976 percent. At that rate the cars and gasoline prices based on
inflation alone would have been $22,737 bucks for the car and $2.34 per
gallon. So something is different (like the base price of a barrel of
oil!)  In 64 it might have been 10 bucks a barrel, so at the average
inflation rate it would be 64.94 bucks a barrell, not too far off. So
does tranportation and refining costs account for the increase? More gov
taxes? Greater requirements on the refined product (yeah there is a lot
of that!).

Interesting

mayf