Re: Hans Device

To: Askotto@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hans Device
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 00:56:39 -0600
Nolan White had damage to his neck that resulted in his death.  I don't
know that the HANS device would have saved him but It sure couldn't
have hurt to have one in place.  The head is a big weight attached to a
small spinal column.

Seth Hammond broke a vertebra in his neck when he went over at 320 and
was very fortunate that he wasn't more seriously injured.  I wonder
what a HANS device would have done for him.

You don't have to hit a wall to stop fast.  Some of those salt stops
are very abrupt.

Wes