Re: Hans Device

To: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Hans Device
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:33:48 -0400
On Tuesday, June 13, 2006, at 11:52  PM, Doug Odom wrote:

> They hit a wall with the front of the car. You would have to drive a
> long way at Bonneville to hit a wall.
> Doug Odom in big ditch

Well, yes and no.  It was in '04, I think -- Nancy had just picked me
up at the end of the long course when the Burkdoll 'liner came down the
course.  The back end lifted, then the front came up and went back down
BAM!  I don't remember that it hit the salt head-first, but there must
have been one hell of a forward-moving impact on Bo's head when the
front hit.  The car landed on all wheels and rolled to a stop, but I
think I remember hearing that the driver (Bo), after getting out of the
car, was asking why the stars were out, if anyone got the number of the
truck, why there were so many birds flying around, etc.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)