Re: Wisdom of the List --- Oil Pump

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Wisdom of the List --- Oil Pump
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 16:17:31 -0700
Certainly not a stupid question at all. In my case, it is not having oil
that is the issue, it may be too much oil. But as far as just getting a
separate supply, you would need a pump that could supply the presure
needed, a tank of some sort to hold the lube oil, and the plumbing and
wiring. So there is nothing wrong with the idea. In fact that could be a
good idea especially for those folk who turn their motors off before the
turbos spool down. And you could run a different oil from the motor, a
really good synthetic oil (read expensive).

mayf