RE: Wisdom of the List --- Oil Pump

To: "Bryan Savage" <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>, <drmayf@mayfco.com>,
Subject: RE: Wisdom of the List --- Oil Pump
From: "Jonathan Amo" <jonamo@landracing.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:29:17 -0600
Ok I havent read where the oil is coming from. He just said oil in exhaust
at WOT.
Assuming its coming from the turbo either you are over oiling the turbo, or
a bad
return system. Or just a bad seal in turbo.

I have been running a .030 restrictor in my dual ball bearing turbo (drilled
a set screw
and tapped the inside of the an fitting. Made several different sizes .020 -
0.060). They
dual ball bearing turbos need less oil then a regular bearing turbo.

What size line is drain out of turbo? I have been using a -10an line for my
small turbo
and it does just fine. Even have it return below the oil level which I was
told wont work.
But the honest answer is if I had the space of the header I would return the
oil above the oil level.