Wisdom of the List --- Oil Pump

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Wisdom of the List --- Oil Pump
From: "3 liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:30:56 -0700
Hmmm. I don't know didly about your Ford injectors but 650HP might be a tad
too much. Your calcs are assuming the 42lb injectors are wide-full-open for
mostly a full pull. My guess their (stock) duty cycle is quite a bit less
than that. Sure, you can put the electrons to the coils and hold them
wide-full-open, but for how long? What is the stock spec? When you are
making that Bonneville pull you are talking about minutes and not seconds as
in a street application. Can the injectors take that much current for that
long? It also appears you are using a BSFC of 0.5. That is reasonable for a
normally aspirated engine but what about a turbo set-up? If your BSFC is
closer to 0.6 your injectors are further marginalized. The point is you are
having fun, learning a lot, and have a tune-up that will accomplish your
goal with the 42lb set-up. Once you want go beyond that level...hide the
bills from the wife :-)  -Elon
-----Original Message-----From:drmayf Sent:Monday
(snip...)Regards the injectors, I have 42 pound unis that if I run up
against the duty cycle will make aboiut 650 hp, wait lemme check that,...(
insert hourglass blinking here)....yeah about right.