Re: Fast Lane

To: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: Fast Lane
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:27:05 -0600
You should have heard the screams at World of Speed when I tried to put
a streamliner into that situation a few years ago.  They had waited,
away from the line, for hours so the wind would die down.  Others who
had left their cars in the get-ready line overnight cried/screamed
foul!  Actually the 'liner had been at the starting area longer than
they had the previous day but pulled aside to wait for better
conditions.

As it turned out the screamers didn't make it to the 1/2 mile before
they turned out.  The 'liner didn't run at all because the wind came
up.

What about running the 300 plus MPH cars immediately after record runs,
first thing in the morning?  Just inform them there will be a window
when they will go one after another if they are ready to follow he
record runs to the start?  If they are in line, ready to go, they go.
If they are still putting things together they wait in line with
everyone else.  I'd be happy to back that system at World of Speed.

Wes