Re: re; 4 inter Courses

To: speedtimer@charter.net
Subject: Re: re; 4 inter Courses
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:47:23 EST
In a message dated 11/15/2006 11:20:49 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
speedtimer@charter.net writes:

Otto
Quit dreaming, there is no way to tell a driver to abort his  run. Things
that look and sound good on paper is not always a reality to  put in place.
Dan, JD & I along with many others have discussed this  for years and how to
speed  up the meets. We do our best but the  logistics just are not there
yet. Trust me we do care and are always  looking for a better way.
I should have kept a record of everytime I tried  to contact a push vehicle
to tell them something regarding their vehicles,  to go to the return road
and not to follow your car down the course. They  either don't have the radio
on, or have it squelched down so they can't  hear or they are a piece of crap
hand held that doesn't get out. The list  goes on.
Glen

Hi Glen

I WILL NEVER QUIT DREAMING! ( There, that's a shout! LOL )

Besides, as long as the list brings up questions, I'm going to answer them.
Discussion is good. Simply squelching an idea because someone doesn't like it
doesn't cut it with me thank you.

If the long course car has cleared the 5 before the short course car leaves
the line, why would you have to notify the short course driver to abort their
mission? If the long course car crashes after the five, the short course car
shouldn't make it that far. Also the short course car would be on different
real  estate.

If a bird brain push vehicle drives all the way down the course this poses  a
major safety issue and needlessly delays the meet. I would take a hard line
and send them home. If someone is so stupid to drive across the course for any
 reason, they should be sent packing. No exceptions. Stupid mistakes kill
people.

You mentioned discussing this with Dan, J.D. and others and said the
logistics are just not in place "yet". I think we're getting closer.

Gotta run. I've got some dreaming to do. LOL.

Otto