Re: re; 4 inter Courses

To: ddahlgren@snet.net
Subject: Re: re; 4 inter Courses
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 23:02:06 EST
In a message dated 11/15/2006 11:43:08 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
ddahlgren@snet.net writes:

How does  the long course car turn out early? If you have to wait for each
car to  turn out before the next can go I see no real imporvement other  than
spreading the load over more real estate. Sure would be nice if the  bikes
had one course to them selves or possibly 2 depending on  registered
competitors.. It gets pretty grim trying to ride through the  ruts made by a
4000 lb car.. i don't ride them but tune them and get tired  of having a pass
lost because the course is full of ruts that seem small to  a car but like a
cnayon on a bike with the skinny tires and light  weight.
dave

Hi Dave

A long course car that needs to turn out early simply does just that. We
wait for it to clear before sending the short course car. If it turns out early

wouldn't that actually speed up things as it didn't run the entire course
before  turning out? Aren't drivers encouraged to do that if their engine is
shooting  craps for that very reason?

I'd vote for a separate bike course in a heart beat and I would think the
bikers would love to have their own track that hasn't been torn up by 4000 lb.
cars and trucks. I actually had that as part of the master plan but was going
to  spring that later. Sell one thing at a time so as not to confuse an
already  confusing subject. LOL

I was eyeballing the area past the pits to the left of the long course shut
down along the mountains for their course.

Otto