Re: Water Transfer Pump

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: Water Transfer Pump
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 18:15:33 EST
In a message dated 1/4/2007 3:36:18 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
drmayf@mayfco.com writes:

I am in  the process of ordering parts to put my radiator into a sealed
tank of  water like some of the other LSR folk have done. I also have a
10 gallon  reservoir in the trunk which I want to use for the extra
capacity and I  want to keep that weioght in th eback. But I need a good
transfer punp to  move the water from the trunk mounted tank to the
radiator tank and back.  Any of you have recommendations regarding a pump
like this? I will be  pumping through -10 aluminum tubing, if that helps.
And of course, low  power draw is welcome also. SOmeting aking to a water
to air intercooler  pump ougth to work.

Ideas?

mayf, way off and far out in  pahrump...

Hi Mayf

Summit sells a Dedenbear 12V remote water pump that draws 3 1/2 Amps. It
pumps 20 GPM, can handle temps up to 250 F and pressures up to 30 PSI. It  has
hose fittings for 1 1/4" hose, 1 3/4" hose or 1" braided line. You could tap
it
to accept the AN-10 lines you have. The pump is rebuildable to boot!

No, I'm not a water pump expert, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last
night! LOL

Part #DED-WP3  $277.95 _www.summitracing.com_ (http://www.summitracing.com)

I scored a used one on E-Bay for $83.00 so you might look there too.

Otto