Re: Water Transfer Pump

To: Rick Byrnes <Rick@RBMotorsports.com>
Subject: Re: Water Transfer Pump
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 09:04:40 -0800
All good thought, Rick. If the two tanks were in line so to speak, I
would just connect them. But the hoses and tubing from the rear tank go
up and over the chassis hump in the rear over the diff area. Hence the
pump. The tank the radiator sits in is about 14 or 15 gallons volume
wise including the radiator so it maybe contains 12 gallons of
"coolant". I have figured that for my current power level that should be
plenty but power is expected to go up one day s I will be using the
extra water as well. I like to be cautious, lol. Unfortunately, even
with a tiny Scirroco style radiator laying it down wont work. HAs to
stand up but I have room that way anyway.. And the water will be about 8
inches above the top of the radiator in the tank so it will tank a lot
of boiling away. But heck, I don't want it to boil if it doesn't have
to!  Regards the big intercooler in front, nah fuel cell is already in
that spot. The actual area where the radiator was is now filled with
turbo plumbing. It all magically fits but barely..

mayf