Re: Water Transfer Pump

To: Rick Byrnes <Rick@RBMotorsports.com>
Subject: Re: Water Transfer Pump
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:24:03 -0800
To all who have replied to me on and off list regarding the water
transfer pump and radiators in water tanks in general. First, yes, I
have done the heat transfer numbers.  My radiator tank is sized pretty
well to cope and is roughly 15 gallons including the water in the
radiator itself.  Next is that I already have a water tank in the trunk
of the car. It is plumbed to where I could tap into that water. I don't
want to remove that tank so I decided to add some suspenders to my belt
(structural dynamics terms). I don't need the water in the tank back
there, but it is there so I want to use it. I have an unused switch to
turn the transfer pump on and off already from the elec fan that I no
longer need. So the question I asked was what transfer pump would be a
good one. I think bait pump sounds about right. And it adds a bit of red
neck to the equation as well...

Thank you all very much. I will learn one day to include the projects
specs when I ask for a part number, lol. I really do appreciate all the
answers I got and the help and take it for what it was meant to be: good
advice from people who know me and are trying to help.

many thanks, again

mayf, way off and really far out in pahrump