Re: Heat-Wrap

To: Flowbench@aol.com
Subject: Re: Heat-Wrap
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:39:22 EST
In a message dated 1/12/2007 9:36:04 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
Flowbench@aol.com writes:

I've  never wrapped the exhaust systems on my turbo engines, I know lots who
do  but I don't. If it's stainless and not too long don't worry about it. If
it;s mild steel have it coated and forget about it. If you need to shield
the
exhaust from items in the engine bay I use heat  shields.
Mike

Hi Mike,

I have stainless tri-y headers but they are typically long. Does stainless
retain heat so I don't have to coat or wrap them? I'm doing it to keep the
enclosed engine bay temps down. Not a turbo application. I'd love to rip  that
crap off.

I also used stainless/insulation sandwich heat shields between the block,
fuel lines, etc and the headers so dumping the wrap may be more  feasible.

Otto