Re: Plumbig My Radiator...

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Plumbig My Radiator...
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:10:55 -0800
Well, I suspect you get away with a lot that the rest of us cannot get
away with. I asked the question about plumbing using aluminum tubing or
steel and I got lectures on the dangers of using hose clamps and such. I
got this from some of the inspectors and that AN fittings were the only
way to go to be safe. There is nothing in the rule book regarding the
use of a separator panel either, yet I got all kinds of suggestions
regarding the shielding needed to prevent scalding hot water from
getting on me. Anything from ruptured radiators which explosively
release all the energy stored up in the pressurized hot water and it all
flashing to steam. Now I got some of this from inspectors so that makes
me nervous. As in last year. I have/had a lot of parker hannifin
aerospace hose and push loc fitting on the plumbing for my turbo cooling
water, in the engine compartment, and I was not allowed to pass tech
until I put clamps on those fittings. Even though they are made
specifically not to use hose clamps. So that kind of thinking has me
worried about passing tech this coming summer. That is if there are
rooms to stay in at the hotels.

So, yeah, I was going to use tube to make the long runs, get some bends
whether steel, aluminum or now copper, put some good hose connectors
with hose clamps on and go for it. Now I am not sure it will pass.

mayf, way off and far out with frozen water pipes everywhere! Skip said
it was just under 10 deg F this morning... yee ha!