Re: Plumbig My Radiator...

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Plumbig My Radiator...
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:34:36 -0800
The inspectors who looked the car over thought that it was not necessary
but they decided to ask the chief inspector, who ever that was, and he
said unequivacably (sp?) no, clamps were mandatory. Rule 3.R in the book
(I thnk that is the number). Moot now in my case. I have removed all of
those offending hoses but maybe some new car it would make a difference.
I have replumbed all my water stuff with aluminum hard lines, AN B nuts
and ferrules. Anything to do with fuel or oil is SS braid with AN hose
ends with the appropriate adapters. Heck, I am the last guy on the
planet who want to be unsafe. But as you say, reasonsbleness needs to be
applied as well. No need to go to any trouble on my part, I will follow
the book.

mayf