Re: [Land-speed] [BULK]Re: Polar Moment

To: "'Ed Weldon'" <23.weldon@comcast.net>, "'Don McMeekin'"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] [BULK]Re: Polar Moment
From: <neil@dbelltech.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:10:45 -0700
Ed;

There can be turbulent flow in water too-- look at a boat propeller.

A simple "beam breaker" system should suffice for timing-- it works for the
SCTA and NHRA. I wonder if a smooth ramp would simulate the ground effects?

Without a doubt you'd want to use ball- bearing wheels. Maybe you could
guide it down the ramp with a thin nylon monofilament fishing line and a
small eye hook. Of course if it doesn't run straight that would indicate a
problem with the shape.

Regards, Neil   Tucson, AZ