Re: [Land-speed] [non LSR]Electronics and other stuff like fuel

To: 23.weldon@comcast.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] [non LSR]Electronics and other stuff like fuel
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 18:06:05 EST
In a message dated 3/7/2010 11:58:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
23.weldon@comcast.net writes:

It's bad  enough that vehicles kill people as a result of driver failure.
Such
catastrophic software failure is simply unacceptable.
Ed  Weldon

Ed,
Thank you very much for sharing this info, to me it's the last piece of the
 puzzle. Toyota obviously has the majority of responsibility in this
situation, especially the part about trying to get the emphasis on floor  mats
or
anything to get the supposedly bad American drivers to share the blame.
Considering Toyota's reputation up to this point, I imagine the geniuses in
 management figured it would be easy to say Soccer Mom or Junior the new
driver freaked out due to a bad rug or the like.
The software deal rests 100% of the cause at the manufacturers feet. The
only recourse left is to say it was the fault of the actual supplier that
delivered the parts.
Toyota reportedly has around 48 Billion in cash, so you can imagine all the
 tort lawyers drooling at all the cases, of which they'll probably lose a
lot  more as they've demonized themselves with this failed gambit.
Reminds me of the "unintended Audis acceleration" of a long time ago, maybe
 a real good time to check out any Toyota products, as the prices should be
 advantaged for a long time.
I love this list. Beats the crap out of hoping to find non biased info  on
the medias.
Bob W
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html