Re: [Land-speed] [non LSR]Electronics and other stuff like fuel

To: <23.weldon@comcast.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <BWANA343@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] [non LSR]Electronics and other stuff like fuel
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 17:07:10 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Bob & All,

Don't be too quick to place the blame on causes in this case. I am always am
suspicious when congress is enjoying grilling heads of corporations.  Having
investigated a number of stuck throttles, brake failures, lemon cases, etc.
for  attorneys and insurance companies that involving a number of different
manufacturers, I would be reluctant to make decisions on what the causes are
in this Toyota case since I have not investigated it myself. I do know that
driver error has been a major cause in these kinds of cases. It still
puzzles me why anyone should accelerate to a 100 mph plus when the ignition
switch turned off or shifting to neutral is still a choice. I do know that
it takes a couple of seconds to respond to an unexpected situation. I guess
people can just freeze too. I don't have an answer on this one!

Tom

faint_grain.jpg]

stampa_girl_line_en.gif]
Land-speed@autox.team.net