MG TD Restoration Cost

To: "mg-t@autox.team.net" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG TD Restoration Cost
From: Terry Banicki <Banicki@webmart.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:02:51 -0600
I've been sitting on my 1952 MG TD for 10 years now.  I was wondering
what it will  cost to restore mine.  I know there are huge variables
based on condition.  I'm trying to find a MIN, MAX and AVG numbers.
It is a complete car that was restored (built out of two parts cars) in
the 70's.  It had a reasonable laquer job, but has since cracked. So I'm
looking at:
- frame, body, body wood, all look good, no work
- brakes
- clutch
- fuel system, lines and carb rebuild
- wire wheels, trued, beaded and painted, powder coat
- paint, few minor dents, no rust...
- interior
- chrome, ouch $$$, canada or mexico?

This is about the order I plan to progress in.  Any info will be greatly
appreciated.  I don't want to get in over my finacial head...,