Re: MG TD Restoration Cost

To: BritCrs@aol.com
Subject: Re: MG TD Restoration Cost
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 09:35:12 EST
Marv,
 One way to differentiate between 2-bow and 3-bow tops would be to put
the sidecurtains on the car, then stand back and compare the shape of the
sidecurtains with those in the owners handbook photograph.  The 3-bow
sidecurtains are, I think, a little bit taller and a whole lot more
difficult to get into the storage compartment. Check the WS manual for
the way to put them in, as the way in the owners handbook does not work
for 3-bow sidecurtains.
  Chip Olds' T-Series Handbook notes that the 3-bow tops began at TD
20374, Sept 30, 1952.  One never knows, though, if the top has been
changed over the years.
Bob