RE: Summary of Cost Estimates

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Summary of Cost Estimates
From: s4usea@fanniemae.com (Scott Allen)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:40:43 -0500
> Tim Moorhead writes:

> Yes, I think cost DOES matter.  I don't want to put $25,000 into a car that
> will be worth $15, 000!!
> I've restored two t-cars, a '51 and a '55 and did not get financially
> upside-down in either.
> However, I received about $1.00/Hour for my labor (but that doesn't matter,
> 'cause I had so much fun doing the restorations)

Tim, Tim, Tim;

Put the flame suit on 'cuz I'm sure you're gonna need it...

I'm a third generation T owner, and over the years purty
much the majority of the T owners I've known have more into their cars
then they're worth.  Can say the same about most of the B owners and Alfa
owners I know too.

For my part I bought my '52 back last July for $13.9k and have put
$8k into it since.  I plan on putting another $6k into it by this
time next year, and another $4k the year after that.  Figure she'll be ready
to show by then.  So in three years of ownership I'll have $31.9k into a
car that'll be worth about $18K.

Call me stupid I guess.

Point is, most folks I know don't buy T types, (or any unusual or classic
 car for that matter) as investments.  That's what the stock market is for...

'Course the stock market is alot less fun then the TD.

Scott Allen