RE: Summary of Cost Estimates

To: Scott Allen <s4usea@fanniemae.com>
Subject: RE: Summary of Cost Estimates
From: "Charles F. Inman" <FloydInman@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 16:05:38 -0500
I'm curious what happens when someone like Tim acquires a T Series that
will cost, oh, say $20k to restore and yet will have a value of but $18k
when complete. Does he canibalize it or just send it to the dump.

I'm in the process of restoring a '52 YB for my wife (I drive a TD). As we
speak I have invested around $15,000 with at least another $10,000 before
completion. I will have over $25,000 in a car worth around $20-22,000.
Stupid?????

As noted by Scott, it is a hobby, which pleases me and will be enjoyed for
many years by both my wife and I.

Put a financial limit on such pleasure? At least (unlike renting a hooker)
we will have something to enjoy when I'm finished.

For some the restoration of classic automobiles is a business. I know (and
respect) any number of these people. But for the rest of us it is nothing
more than a passion (and pride) of the challenge.

Floyd Inman
Park City, UT

'53 TD, '52 YB