Re: Summary of Cost Estimates

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Summary of Cost Estimates
From: s4usea@fanniemae.com (Scott Allen)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:35:57 -0500
>David Littlefield writes:
>

>I can't afford to buy a $13.9k TD and put $18k of work into it, as
>someone else suggested they did.  I'm not sure there are many in the MG
>hobby that could afford to do that.  I also believe that anyone that does
>a "checkbook" restoration without doing all possible work themselves
>possible is missing out on most of the fun.

I guess I should clarify.  I plan on putting 18k into my TD over the next three
years, and but for the paint job; the rest is just parts.  Having learned
TD's on my Gramps and Father's knees, and parlayed that knowledge into
a college and grad school education working on mostly Alfas, I'm no stranger
to a wrench.

I can also say that in all the time I've been around TD's, I've met
very few people that do not do most of the work themselves.

Growing up, my gandfather and father had a daily driver that they
wouldn't touch, but when it came to the TD, nobody touched it but them.
I find I'm pretty much the same way as are most of the T owners I know.

(See Tim, I said you'd need a flame suit).

Best,

Scott Allen