Number plate attachment

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Number plate attachment
From: "Gunnell, John" <gunnellj@krause.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:33:45 -0600
Hello Mates

   Since there are no dumb questions, I'll ask mine. How do T-series owners
fasten their front license plates to the bumper?

   My TD came to me with a neat front plate holder. It is a heavy blank metal
plate about the size of a U.S. license plate. It is attached to a bracket with
a long piano hinge. The bracket is designed to fit the bumper holes and the
blank plate holds the license plate.

   My TF came to me with nothing but a bumper. There was no bracket for a front
license plate.

   I have looked in the Moss catalog and in Abindon Spares, but I have never
seen a front plate holder or bracket. On the body panel page of the Moss
catalog I see a backing plate for the front number plate and a small "bracket
for above" which probably does the job, though I can't quite picture how.

   In any case, I'd rather have the type of setup that I have on my TD, but I
can't find anyone who sells the hinged plate holder. Does anyone know?

John Gunnell
Iola, WI