Re: Number plate attachment

To: JagMkV@aol.com
Subject: Re: Number plate attachment
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:25:59 -0500
Craig,
   Dates one remembers include 4 July 2003, when stopped by CT State
Trooper for failure to have front plate.
   The TDs did have front plates in the UK, and pictures of my TD show it
wearing a front plate in 1954, so perhaps states had different
requirements for the plates then.
   But you're quite right about the appearance of the American standard
plates mounted on the TDs.  I do something that may cause me to be
stopped again, but until then....
Drilling another set of holes in the parti-colored CT plate so that it
sets higher behind the bumper seems to meet the requirement of having the
front plate yet it doesn't hang as low below the English plate. It can't
be raised all that much, lest it block the hole in the bumper for the
starting handle, but can be made less conspicuous.
Bob