Re: Battery

To: rgt3000@fuse.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery
From: MGTD2@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:51:01 EST
In a message dated 2/22/2004 11:04:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rgt3000@fuse.net writes:
Dear Listers

What battery do most of you have in your MG T series cars?  I need to get a
battery and would like to know what others have used.

Thankd in advance.

Rick Taylor
MG TD
Cincinnati, OH
Rick:
I don't rmember the case size, but I went with a depth that pretty much
filled the battery shelf front-to-back, thereby keeping the battery tight
against
the hold-down bracket.  But I looked for the least width (side-to-side).  This
left me a convenient nook to the side of the battery which will accommodate a
bottle of Castrol perfectly.  I usually buy whatever Consumers Union most
recently said tested out to claimed spec.  Will probably be replacing my TD's
battery this summer and am considering an Optima.  This is the latest "glass
mat"
technology and I believe does not gas.  I've had some problem over the years
with "battery fur" growing at the seam where the firewall is pieced together.
Thought the Optima might put an end to that.
-John Deikis
 Chelsea, MI