Re: Battery

To: Richard Taylor <rgt3000@fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Battery
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:30:02 -0600
Rich

Go to Wally World and get a battery designated as the old Group 24.  If
the data isn't there use one to fit a 60 Rambler, 65 Rambler, 72 Datsun
240Z, 77 Datsun 810, or 81 Datsun 720 pickup.  This will be a top post
only battery and should cost $29.99 with a 1 year guarantee and 4 more
year warranty.  That's as good as good a warranty as the first Sears
DieHard I bought back about 1975 which cost $49.99 if I remember
correctly.

This will be a little shorter than the actual space.  For a time I used
a Group 27 which is just the right size.  However these are harder to
find and you'll pay more than double the $29.99 for one.

Acutally there are two Group 24s and 27s.  One is 24 and 24F and the
other 27 and 27F.  The only diffence is the location of the posts.
They're on opposite corners and I can't remember which one is which.  On
the TD it won't make any difference wether it is the 24 or 24F.

Blake