Re: [Mg-t] Gas line replacement

To: "David Lodge" <emmgeeteecee@yahoo.co.uk>, "Dave and Liz DuBois"
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Gas line replacement
From: "Clive Sherriff" <clive.sherriff@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 08:35:03 +0100
It is possible that they might have used some low temperature braze rod.  Have
to admit that I somehow doubt they used silver solder, because it has a high
pure silver content and a price to match.

MG accountants would never sanction that!

Having said that, brazing these fittings is easy if you have the experience
and skill, and it is a much easier production process to produce many
identical items in sequence on a dedicated jig set up as production line by a
capable brazer, than it is to set up one in a vice (or propped up against the
coffee cup and a wrench) as we amateurs tend to do for a one off job.

Clive