Re: New Installation

To: Bruce <brucemills@dccnet.com>
Subject: Re: New Installation
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:27:03 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Bruce-

There is no set screw, The spacing is not all that critical- a little extra
won't hurt, too little is bad. Switch the hose uses, you shouldn't have to turn
the bearing more than 1/2 turn. Just make sure the top hose is the bleed.

Why would you expect a Rover starter to fit a GM transmission?

Why are you using the Rover engine fan? it sticks out a mile. Throw it away &
get a good 16" electric puller fan to mount behind the radiator.

Remove the crossmember during installation/removal of the engine, it's only 4
bolts.

Engine & block hugger headers should fit, but you will probably need to do some
relocating of the steering shaft. There have been numerous disscussions of this,
both on the list & in the V8 news letter.

Is your MG a rubber bumper car? If not, did you cut back the firewall at the
trans tunnel area?

Jim Stuart