RE: New Installation

To: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>, "Bruce" <brucemills@dccnet.com>
Subject: RE: New Installation
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 21:22:10 -0700
Cc: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
>> 5) I am using a T5 Camero transmission and back by the tail there are 2
>> protrusions which have holes through them, to be bolted to something, which
>> while trying to install the engine hung up on the MGB rear cross member.
>> Made it real had to get the engine in. When I pull the engine I will use a
>> belt sander and remove these.

>Remove the cross member during installation/removal of the engine, it's only 4
>bolts.

Jim he's probably talking about the permanent Xmember here??.  I cut off that
hunk of aluminum your talking about, and bent the lip
of the xmember down.

Jim you've got the "straight shot" install method, on the "regular" Bs we have
to have the engine tipped so much, and pushed back so
much, to get it in, the T-5 won't clear the rear permanent cross member.
Bruce, that's a big hunk of aluminum to try to sand off.

You need a GM starter for you GM bellhousing.

Depending on who's engine mount brackets you are using the 14 x 2 Edelbrock
should fit ... if you use the dropped bottom style air
filter housing.

You better talk to Jim Stuart or check the archives about fitting the Rover
engine to the GM bellhousing and T-5 transmission.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Larry Hoy