RE: F-85 jetfire article

To: "'David Kernberger'" <dkern@napanet.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: F-85 jetfire article
From: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:36:46 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Both do the same thing- compress the fuel/air "charge" as it enters the
combustion process, filling the cylinders more fully. The difference seems
to me to be the source that powers the mechanism, exhaust gas or direct
engine drive.

This is a gross simplification ignoring the fine points of relative
efficiency at different points on the power curve. I do not have the
expertise to discuss these points, and they vary with engine type, car
weight, type of competition, etc.

Jim Stuart