Re: Apple Hydraulics

To: m1garand@speakeasy.net, mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Apple Hydraulics
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 09:52:56 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
James,

Thanks for that - re-enforces my decision to get a new one! Cannot mess with brakes!

At 04:37 PM 2/8/05, m1garand@speakeasy.net wrote:
Another problem with a re-bore is that it allows (however little) the piston to deflect (at the pedal end) such that it is no longer co-axial with the cylinder bore (since the end of the pedal travels in an arc, not a straight line). This puts more side-loading on the o-rings, which can affect your feel,and the amount of friction. It, theoreticaly, also allows for fluid leakage on the less compressed side. It all depends on how much they overbore, and how smooth the finish is. This isn't like an engine cylinder where you WANT cross-hatching on the bore to help your rings set.

James J.

Regards

Barrie Robinson

MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII
705-721-9060

Purveyor of O-ring kits for restoring Smith & Jaeger gauges,
Stainless steel mesh grilles, air vents & airdams and,
Sound deadening material and kits for MGBs
///
/// mgb-v8@autox.team.net mailing list
/// Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
/// Send list postings to mgb-v8@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.