leaf spring sag

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: leaf spring sag
From: The Warped Goat <dedwards@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 11:33:36 -0400 (EDT)
I have noticed for a while now that the driver's side of my '68 B is lower than
-the passenger side, but only in the rear.  I think this must be worn leaf
springs.  I noticed that new ones cost about 65-70 bucks each new, and I was
wondering if anything else could be done besides replacing them.  Also, if I
were to replace them, should I do some further work on the rear suspension at
the same time?
-    I have never done any work on the suspension or underbody (just finishing
a restoration under the bonnet) and I was wondering whether I should tackle
this job myself.  How difficult is it to replace the leaf springs?  I have a
set of ramps, but those won't work in this situation.  Will a couple of scissor
jacks and some jackstands do the trick or should I turn this over to a
professional shop?  Thanks again.

Benjy Edwards.

benj@proxima.cc.colorado.edu                 1968 MGB MkII
b_edwards@rikki.cc.colorado.edu              1992 Trek 2300 Dura-Ace STI