Re: Woe is me!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Woe is me!
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 1995 15:39:15 -0500
On 13 Jun 95 at 12:50, Karl Best wrote:

> I suspect Michael (2 1/2) is nearly old enough to not hit the car with
> whatever tool is handy...>>>
>
> Don't count on it.

That's true, but it is time to encourage the young 'uns.

> My two little ones (almost 3 and 4 1/2) both love to get
> into my tools. I've had to chase them out of the garage when I'm working
> 'cause I don't want to let them see me working *with tools* on the car.

I've set up a little workbench, with odd tools, hardware bits and such for the
kids- They're interested, and want to help, and now's the best time to nuture
the interest. Mine are 3 and 6, and they want to help. Find basic chores-
polishing wax, fetching and putting away tools, holding the light... They's
also at the age where they sometimes enjoy a small sorting job- even if they
don't get everything right, they get to help. That's not to say you don't have
to keep an eye on them! I still need to replace the window in the door beetween
the sides of my shop...

   ________
  /     _  \    Roger Garnett             (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \   Agricultural Economics   | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |\/ ||  _  |  3 Warren Hall            | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| |   ||   | |  Cornell University       |
 \    ||__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!