Re: Woe is me!

To: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Woe is me!
From: "W. B. Olson" <WBOLSON@cherokee.astate.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 13:57:09 CST
Date sent:      Tue, 13 Jun 1995 16:44:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:           DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu)
To:             rwg1@cornell.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Send reply to:  DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu)

>Mine are 3 and 6, and they want to help. Find basic chores- polishing wax,

Yep, my little angel (4) always wants to help during washing/polishing
time, and she does a durn good job of it (!)  During the recent pre-paint
sanding jobs on the 'B, I didn't let her sand, but she got to wield the
bucket and rag to wash off the dust.  She already knows where the radiator
water goes and where to add the oil and gas.

Then there's Lance (7) - if its not baseball, basketball, etc., he's not
interested...

Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB

Lance will undergo a mysterious reorientation when he believes he has
a chance to learn how to drive in the 'B and perhaps claim it as his
own.  My Josh did that - and I was blinded by the new interest and
friendship we shared in my baby (a 72 B).  Well, I now understand the
performance and endurance limits of my 'B.  Furthermore, I have
learned about the costs of rebuilding and restoring a 'B after
teenage use.  If he's lucky, he may be permitted to wash the car
some day.  But drive it again - NEVER IN MY LIFETIME.